Of course I'm buying plants on my trip!
I don't want you to think I'm "just" visiting gardens on my Southern California trip. Yes, that's the main reason why I'm in the Southland, but I've been doing of plenty of plant shopping.
Here are a couple of quick snapshots of my haul so far, with a full day left:
|Yucca 'Bright Star', Leucadendron 'Jester', Phylica pubescens, assorted groundcover succulents|
|Aloe vanbalenii and Yucca 'Bright Star'|
|Euphorbia 'White Swan', Cordyline 'Electric Flash', Yucca 'Bright Star'|
|Leucadendron 'Little Bit', Euphorbia 'White Swan' and Cordyline 'Electric Flash'|
|Tagetes 'Gold Metal', looking a bit bedraggled after being squashed by bags flying off the seat during an unexpectedly abrupt braking maneuver|
This is what I've gotten so far (and where I bought it):
- Agave potatorum 'Cameron Blue' — The Home Depot, Monrovia
- Aloe vanbalenii — South Coast Botanic Garden, Palos Verdes
- Calylophus drummondii (2x) — Armstrong Garden Center, Santa Monica
- Carex flacca ‘Blue Zinger’ — Armstrong Garden Center, Santa Monica
- Crassula ovata ‘Undulata’ (6 pack) — Roger's Gardens, Corona del Mar
- Cordyline banksii 'Electric Flash' — Village Nurseries Landscape Center, Huntington Beach
- Dicksonia antartica — Garden View Nursery, Irwindale (I wasn't looking for another Tasmanian tree fern, but it was 50% off, so $9.50 for a 5-gallon plant)
- Euphorbia 'White Swan' — Village Nurseries Landscape Center, Huntington Beach
- Gonialoe variegata — Garden View Nursery, Irwindale
- Leonotis leonurus 'Variegatus' — Roger's Gardens, Corona del Mar
- Leucadendron 'Jester' — Armstrong Garden Center, Santa Monica
- Leucadendron 'Little Bit' — Village Nurseries Landscape Center, Huntington Beach
- Pachyphytum compactum (6 pack) — Roger's Gardens, Corona del Mar
- Phylica pubescens — Armstrong Garden Center, Santa Monica
- Santolina virens —Armstrong Garden Center, Santa Monica
- Tagetes lemonii × lucida 'Gold Medal' — The Home Depot, Torrance
- Yucca 'Bright Star' — purchased by a friend, I believe at Green Thumb Nursery, Lake Forest
And some gifts from friends:
- Aloe 'Blue Elf'
- Erepsia pillansii
- Graptoveria 'Fred Ives'
- Tillandsia, assorted
I look forward to getting them in the ground after I get back!